This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
My mum had a very easy way to deal with us falling. “Oops! Fell down. Okay? Good! Back up, then!” And we’d be on our way, no worse for wear.
Reblogging because I did the thing.
i think everyone did the thingOmfg I did do the thing
the queen wearing a hoodie whilst driving a range rover
“the thug life chose me”
Not to mention that’s the most royal fuckin hoodie it’s floral and it has bobby pins in it to KEEP IT ON HER HEAD.
This is art.
so Hange does impressions sometimes to
breakcheer up Levi
I drew this one for mindxcrash, please enjoy my appalling sense of humour.
click for better quality <3
while ur complaining about how early halloween decorations are coming out ill be sipping my pumpkin spice coffee striaght from my skull mug
Chris Pratt recalls a story from early in his career when Jimmy went out of his way to show kindness. [x]
I don’t care what kind of blog I have I will blog this no matter what.
"Craving sensation: feeling unreal" was such a huge part of the beginning of my relapse. I was convinced that people in front of me didn’t even exist and I kept touching things and trying to feel sensation. I’m reblogging because I know that that was so horrifying for me and I never want anyone else to go through it.Just in case this can help someone. Some suggestions also seem harmful (eating a hot pepper really hurts!!!) but steps to feeling better and not self harming is most important. Sending you love and light
STOP SCROLLING! Please reblog this vitally important information because at least one of your followers is self-harming. Thank you!